Mound City UMC will be reopening for in-person worship on Sunday, June 7th at 9:00 a.m.
If you have any underlying health conditions that might cause you to have a compromised immune system or have any doubts about attending in-person, it is recommended that you not attend in-person but continue to worship through Pastor Israel’s sermons that have been emailed or mailed the last several weeks or visit an on-line service of your choice.
With everyone’s health and safety in mind, those attending will need to please follow these guidelines as established by your church council.
1. Please do not arrive before 8:45 a.m. so our church volunteers will have time to be in place.
2. You will be met at the church main entrance or the ramp door in the fellowship hall by a greeter who will record your temperature with an infrared scanner and distribute hand sanitizer.
3. No hand shaking or hugging.
4. All attending will be required to wear a face mask to enter the church and remain on until they are seated in the pews. You may bring your own mask or masks will be available at the main entrance door. It is recommended that you leave your mask on during the service but you may remove your mask during the service if you wish. When the service is over you are required to place your mask back on before you leave your pew until you are out of the church building while doing your best to maintain distancing.
5. While in the sanctuary, social distancing of at least 6 feet will be required. Pews will be taped off for this purpose. Immediate family members will be allowed to sit together without distancing.
6. Offering plates will be placed just outside of sanctuary doors and you may place your offering in the plates before or after the service.
Thank you for adhering to these guidelines and we are sorry that we have to go to these extremes for church service, but are only keeping your health and safety in mind. The church is looking forward with joy in seeing as many as possible back at church this Sunday!